Sunday, February 8, 2015

January RYE Conference Part 2: Exchange Student Bonding+Orientation

After finding out my country(the previous post), we still had the next day to get to know each other and get all sorts of exchange student-y information.

The next day, we woke up early(ouch!) and all carpooled to a zip lining and conference facility in the redwoods, where we spent the day in an orientation and zip lining.

In the morning, all of the outbounds had our first orientation where we were given all sorts of pertinent information about prepping for our exchanges, as well as our host country assignments: a big research paper about our host countries. It will be a lot of work, but I'll sure arrive in Italy knowing all sorts of random info!

In the afternoon, the outbounds split into three groups to go on a zip lining canopy tour. It was a lot of fun and gave us a great chance to get to know each other even better.
My new friend Esme(right) and I(left) at "ground school", all suited up and practicing basic maneuvers before we had to do them way up in the air!

From left: Allison, me and Esme getting ready to depart for the trees!

Our whole group on the spiral staircases that was part of the tour...the tour included several zip lines,  this staircase, and two sky bridges.


Exhausted but excited, we all got to bed a lot earlier than the night before, and the next morning we all dispersed and drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! It would really make my day if you would leave me a comment! Let me know what you thought, or just say hi!