Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Little More Info on My Host Family

Over the past few weeks I have been fortunate enough to get in contact with my host dad, Alessandro, via Facebook. I sent him a few photos of my life in Bayside, and to my excitement, he sent me some back. I've gotten a lot of questions about my host family, so I figured I'd share the photos here!

This is my whole host family. In the back are Alessandro and Ilaria, my host parents, and in the front on the left is my host sister Alice, and on the right is my host sister Clio. Clio will be going on exchange to Mexico next year, so unfortunately I will not get to know her very well.
My host parents!
This hilarious grumpy-looking cutie is named Meringa.
And I'm also excited to meet their dog Chanel! 

This will be my host school next year!

I'm ecstatic to finally get a glimpse into my life next year...in the less exciting paperwork realm of things, we are getting closer and closer to applying for my Visa.....the amount of paperwork and craziness since it's for a whole year, I'm a minor, and I'm not even going with my parents is crazy(our stack of completed paperwork at the moment is nearly 2 pounds), but I know that it will all be worth in in the end.
Arrivederci a tutti!
~Trula


6 comments:

  1. What is the weather like where you are going? What's the altitude? Does it snow there? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fred! The weather in the winter often hoovers around the 40s, and it rarely snows. In the summer you have nice warm weather in the 80s. Trieste is famous for its Bora winds which are very strong, cold, northerly winds. Trieste is right on the coast, so basically at sea level. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
  2. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. be careful of the grumpy looking cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. grande Trula!!!!
    farai sicuramente un meraviglioso scambio
    ti prometto che dopo le feste di Natale lo scambio sarĂ  ancora migliore ed il tuo Italiano sarĂ  splendido
    ci vediamo venerdi!!
    ciao
    Andrea Pontarolo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! It would really make my day if you would leave me a comment! Let me know what you thought, or just say hi!