Friday, January 30, 2015

The Interview and Selection!


The Interview! That’s a fun one.
So after I turned in my short form, Rotary called me to schedule an interview. The interview was held at my school in the evening, and was about 30 minutes long. 

Let’s start with the fact that due to a dental misfortune, I was COMPLETELY numb for the interview. That was just great. So for the actual interview, a panel of about 7 rotary members from multiple clubs conducted the interview, and they took turns asking me questions. 

Disclaimer: these questions are NOT word for word. They are just the general sort of things they asked. The questions themselves ranged from easy(“what type of responsibilities do you have at home”, and “do you have any siblings”) to medium (“How would you describe yourself socially”, and “What would you do if someone interacted inappropriately with you”) to the hard ones(“What has been the hardest time in your life so far”, “Who is your role model and why”) plus many more questions that fell into all three categories.

The most difficult part for me was being able to think on my feet and come up with at least slightly intelligent-sounding answers. I mean, seriously people, do you think I can come up with the most difficult moment in my life in two seconds flat? So yeah, some of my answers were a little strange when I thought about them later. The interviewers were very nice, however, and the interview felt much shorter than 30 minutes.

My interview was on Wednesday, and on Friday night a rotary member from my sponsor club called me and told me that I had been selected! From there on, I was emailed a bunch of info and directed to start filling out the long form. We made doctor and dentist appointments right away since that is an important part of the application. I also made an appointment with my school counselor to start planning my academics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! It would really make my day if you would leave me a comment! Let me know what you thought, or just say hi!